Wednesday, November 30, 2011

The end is near

Well its that time of the year again.. We are closing in on finals and there is only one more thing to do before I take it, and that is to write this blog.
My favorite pieces of literature this semester were King Lear and Antigone. I absolutely love reading plays. I know they are meant to be watched and not read but there are always so many different ways in which you can interpret the play and I can just imagine what they would be like if I were to actually go see them.
The poems were a close 2nd in my list of favorites. They are short and to the point. Yes, there is sooo much that can be misinterpreted , but isn't that the best part of literature? Knowing that I can read something and know that there is no right or wrong answer as to how I can take it.

OH Dante...i enjoyed reading this but at the same time I hated it. It was so complicated and I got lost in translation have the time. I mean I'm lucky mrs. fowler made a list of the the different levels and circles or else I never would have figured it all out..ahhh

I hated reading Genji, I just didn't care for it. Yes i'm sure there were alot of people that enjoyed it. However, I was not one of them. I mean I can appreciate the different culture aspect and everything, but there is only so much i can handle when it comes to guys being man whores.. i mean really..keep it in your pants..oh well hahah
This semester was interesting as a whole, the different stories were fun to read, and the discussions were even more fun.

1 comment:

  1. This is so funny because I'm pretty much on the same page with you about everything! King Lear and Antigone were my favorites from this semester. I find that plays are easier to follow and it's always fun to think about how it can be done on stage during a performance and not just reading the plays.

    And the inferno was killer for me too. That was definitely my least favorite from this semester.

    ReplyDelete